If you have initiated a business venture and looking forward to expanding the same, the prime criterion to consider is your hosting service. This service ensures a seamless operation of the web page without any interruptions. However, the intensity of the benefits offered by the hosting service providers depends upon the type of service chosen by you.
Primarily, it is important to assess your requirement and the best solution to accomplish it. The next step will be to look for the service providers that offer customized solution to meet your requirements. Lastly, once you meet all the demands, ensure the cost-effectiveness of the investment. This will fetch you an outstanding outcome with complete utilization of the resources. Click here to know the plethora of ways to enjoy seamless managed hosting services.
Are you aware of the hosting services available in the market? Do you know the pros and cons of the same? Have a look at the same in the below-mentioned points, which will help you make an apt selection.
Types of Web Hosting Services
The different types of web hosting services are as follows:
- Shared Web Hosting– It offers a shared space in a server where the resources are divided among the other websites. Though it is the most affordable option of the lot but has various constrictions. Since the bandwidth and RAM are shared among others, the uptime is affected in a negative way. Hence, it is not recommended for medium and large-scale businesses.
- Dedicated Web Hosting– In this service, an entire server is leased to a particular website or client. This offers the complete package of resources that leads to enhanced support and uptime. However, the resources need self-management. It is highly preferred by the websites that receive huge traffic like e-commerce web pages.
- Virtual Web Hosting– This web hosting service offers an exclusive space to the website in a server. Though a server is divided into numerous segments, the resources assigned to each website are not shared. This performs fairly well for medium-sized businesses that receive moderate traffic.
- Managed Web Hosting– A dedicated web hosting can be divided into managed as well as unmanaged services. Under managed web hosting services, the host provider takes care of the dedicated server. This leaves ample space for customization as per the requirement within budget.
- Collocated Web Hosting Service- This allows the web hosting service provider to set up the server on the premises of the client’s business. It offers higher bandwidth and enhanced security with no downtime.
In this article, we will talk about managed hosting services and the benefits offered by it. We will also give a glance at the ways which makes it different from the dedicated web hosting servers.
How is Managed Web Hosting Service Different from Dedicated Hosting Service?
Before moving onto the basic differences between the two, it is important to know the entailments of management service. The term ‘management hosting’ refers to a team of proficient manpower that has the capability to manage the services present on the server. In both the cases of managed and dedicated web hosting, a complete server is made available to the clients.
Taking a deeper dive into the niche, let us have a look at both the services which seems fairly similar. This allows complete utilization of the resources without any lag. In brief, managed services offer enhanced management services than dedicated servers. Since you have decided to opt for a dedicated server, it is important to know the differences between managed and unmanaged service. They are as follows:
- Apart from coding assistance, managed hosting covers the management of all the resources in its hosting plan. Hence, the maintenance and operation of the control panel, server, operating system, and others are managed by the host. These are done irrespective of the emergency or routine tasks. The monitoring, as well as the automatic backup, is taken care of by the service providers.
- In the case of the unmanaged hosting services, you will have to tackle the devices associated with the server. Apart from the basic customer support, extended assistance will not be provided. In case of any installation or update, the activity needs accomplishing on your own. With leasing, the maintenance and controlling will also be handed over to you; but the control panel and server software will not be given to you.
Which Option Would Suit you?
Selecting the best hosting service will play a major role in assessing your business worthiness. How to proceed? Answer a few questions to get to the root of the analysis. The questions are:
- Technical specifications can face error anytime. Will your website be able to handle the downtime?
- Won’t your customers get dissatisfied due to the unavailability of the services?
- Is the in-house web developer capable enough to implement the security patches?
- Do you need unrestricted access?
The solution to all the aforementioned scenarios lead to a single solution, managed hosting. The time saved by you in the path of mending software errors will fetch outstanding outcome in the future. It is up to you to decide the best suited hosting service for your business. Even if you are packed with versed in-house manpower, it is best to choose managed service. This will allow them to create better opportunities in business, which is a shortfall in a dedicated server.
An integrated end-to-end management of the server can be accomplished successfully by proficient manpower. Moreover, the idea of one-size-fits-all is not applicable to the nature of websites. Hence, a bespoke solution is the key to establishing a unique identity of your business.
The professionals of a managed hosting service will ensure the resources and solutions offered to you are unique and suits the best. Though the price tag associated with this hosting service is on the higher side, the advantages offered are manifold. It not only elevates the uptime but also contributes to accentuate the productivity, paving way for seamless scalability through effectively managed hosting services.