Pebble have announced their newest watch call Pebble Time and you can back the project on Kickstarter now. The pledge amount was for $500,000 but at the the time of writing this article the amount raised was $11,521,045. Yes, you read that right, and that pledge is still growing. That’s probably the largest amount I have ever seen on Kickstarter.
About the Pebble Time from the company:
- We’re announcing a new watch called Pebble Time with a new timeline interface.
- Pebble Time features a new color e-paper display and microphone for responding to notifications.
- No compromises on what you love about Pebble: up to 7 days of battery life, water resistance and customizability.
- Pebble Time is fully compatible with all 6,500+ existing Pebble apps and watchfaces.
- Three colors available exclusively on Kickstarter. Pebble Time starts shipping in May.
- Extra special engraving for our original Kickstarter backers who support us again ♥♥♥
Get more info at a glance…in color!
At its heart, Pebble Time is an awesome watch. The new color e-paper display is easy to read and always-on, perfect for displaying incoming notifications and your favorite watchface. Compared with display technology like LCD or OLED, power consumption is minimized, enabling Pebble Time to achieve an industry-leading battery life of up to 7 days.
Send a quick reply by dictation
Pebble Time’s new microphone lets you send voice replies to incoming notifications* or take short voice notes. We used the latest technology to maintain water resistance so you can swim or surf with Pebble Time (we do not, however, recommend talking underwater).
Pebble Time is 20% thinner than the original Pebble at just 9.5mm. Its ergonomic, curved design fits comfortably on either wrist and slides easily under dress shirts.
Pebble Time is stylish and durable. The lens is crafted from scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass with a bezel made of stainless steel. Like our previous watches, it’s water resistant – perfect for a run in the rain, water-balloon battle or a swim.
People love to personalize their Pebble watches. We’ve included a soft silicone band with each Pebble Time, but all standard 22mm watch bands will fit. All new Pebble watch bands include a quick-release pin, letting you swap bands in under 10 seconds. Now it’s super easy to find the perfect style for you!
For DIYers, accessory makers and advanced customizers, we’ll be publishing the 3D data you’ll need to create amazing straps, covers and docks. Pebble Time also has a smart accessory port, enabling hardware developers to build sensors and smart straps that connect directly to the watch. Much more on this coming soon!