Xiaomi’s Latest MI Band 2: Too Hard to Resist
There is good news for all the fitness enthusiasts across the globe as Xiaomi launched its new MI band 2 that operates on the Android-based MIUI. Even though it is a fitness tracker, it is a kind of smartwatch with the perfect blend of fitness activity tracking capabilities.
MI Band 2 is an extension of its previously marketed product MI band. However, this new version has some significant features than its previous models MI Band and MI Band Pulse.
MI Band 2 is typically a device meant for the fitness enthusiasts, health conscious individuals who like to keep a close watch on their organized routine. Taking about the Xiaomi’s dominance in the market of wearable devices they have successfully sold over 20 million fitness trackers.
But, this latest edition of MI Band 2 is one of the most expensive wearable devices launched by Xiaomi with cutting edge features. However, compared to the other fitness tracking wearable with similar features like heart rate monitoring are available at over $100. In that case, Xiaomi is much cheaper given that its features are far too much than its price.
The highlight feature of this band is its new LCD sports display which marks a significant improvement from the previous generation of MI bands. The core purpose of the MI 2 band is to reduce the wearable’s dependence on the connected smartphone. Moreover, one can expect to see the time on the display screen along with the device’s battery status. There is also a physical button which apparently is rumored to serve the purpose of a home button.
However, let us check out how you can benefit from the MI 2 band considering there is a significant amount of improvement from Xiaomi regarding its utility and design.
- Let you connect with your devices in a speedier way with the new Bluetooth 4.0 and a military-grade sensor
- Stylish yet sturdy as the variant comes with IP67 rated waterproofing technology
- Higher battery capacity with 45mAh that has the standby time of 30 days
- A classy TPSiV band material blends with the Magnesium-aluminum alloy casing to add the elegance
- It comes with sharp .42 inch display and an upgraded pedometer algorithm for utmost efficiency.
- With a massive 70mAh battery, it holds the ability to last for 20 days.
- The uniqueness of MI band 2 lies in its multiple features which support Sleep management
- One of the significant features includes OLED display that lets you check the time and step count
- Systematic display of activity statistics in the form of Calories burned measuring, Steps counting, Call reminders, Distance recording, Alarm Clock and measuring heartbeats.
- It allows you to make an extension to headphones with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
- Bluetooth alerts to alert you with notifications about calls, messages and offers from other applications
Xiaomi’s pricing strategy is expected to redefine the pricing strategy of wearable devices as it provides almost everything in just above $23. Competitors are selling the same stuff for above $100, and this move from Xiaomi is bound to create friction in the wearable market.
Karan Dave is a magical word-weaver and a creative content expert with one of the top mobile app development companies, Peerbits. He likes to keep himself updated with the latest technology news and gadgets.