Apple Watch Update. What’s New In WatchOS 3.1.1?
Apple have released WatchOS 3.1.1 and you can now update over the air by using the watch app on your iPhone, My Watch → General → Software Update.
- Unicode 9.0 emoji, such as clown face, drooling face, selfie, face palm, fox face, owl, shark, butterfly, avocado, pancakes, croissant and more. There are also profession emoji in male and female genders like firefighter, mechanic, lawyer, doctor, scientist and others. There are 100+ new emoji to choose from and some of the older emoji have been redrawn in Apple’s new style.
- A new feature allows you to change the skin tone of emoji.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent contact names from appearing in the Messages app and notifications.
- Fixes an issue that could impact ability to respond to notifications.
- Resolves an issue where the Stocks complication may not update on the watch face.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent the Activity rings from displaying on the Activity watch faces.
- Fixes an issue that prevented the dials on an analog watch face from appearing after changing the temperature unit in the Weather app.
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Maps app to stay launched after navigation has ended.
- Resolves an issue where the incorrect date could be displayed in the Calendar app month view.
Apple’s support document details bug fixes and security patches in watchOS 3.1.1.