WPEngine is one of the biggest web hosting service provider catering to the WordPress platform. With stunning speed and powerful security, WPEngine is passionate about using WordPress as their platform. With Webhosting companies rolling out various WordPress hosting packages and cheap vps server options, WPEngine is considered by many as the best service for managed WordPress hosting. Let’s look at the various pros and cons of choosing WPEngine as your service provider.
- Excellently managed WordPress hosting
- Faster page loading boosted by EverCache technology
- Best WordPress Support staff and technicians
- No fees charged for fixing a hacked site
- Automatic installation of WordPress updates
- Discount and offers give to compete with pricing
- Data backup and restore provided free of cost
- Separate environment for testing themes and plugins
- Long-term commitments not mandatory
- 60-day free trial
- Slightly more expensive compared to the market
- Non-WordPress platforms not supported
- More visitors and more storage use will incur additional charges
While there are various disadvantages of choosing WPEngine as your service provider, the advantages outweigh them. The level of excellence provided by WPEngine is beyond compare. WPEngine provides solutions for personal bloggers and even multi-site branding solutions. All requirements are scaled and met at WPEngine. WPEngine even offers free automated migration from your current platform in minutes with minimal downtime. This eliminates the complexity, time, and cost associated with full site migration.
Apart from the price factor, there are not many disadvantages to WPEngine. This is negated by various deals and offers given by WPEngine every now and then. Offers you can find at WPX Hosting Discount. The 60-day free trial also makes it risk-free. When it comes to WordPress hosting, WPEngine provides you peace of mind and gives you a hassle-free WordPress blog. Users have also mentioned that WPEngine is literally hack-free and security is top-notch.
Another important aspect of web hosting is the support team. WPEngine does not disappoint with this either. Their ticket-based system runs on ZenDesk and is extremely easy to use. Add to this is the live chat feature which response to you within seconds. This is very useful for people who prefer speaking to a live person rather than going through a ticket system for troubleshooting. WPEngine also provides the best developer tools for first-time users. Cloning a site and working in s staging environment is extremely simple here. In addition, their automatic restore points ensure that your site will be running all the time without any hindrance.
Although many people may feel that WPEngine is expensive for small users, we can tell you that it is 100% worth the money. WPEngine will amaze you with their uptime, speed, stability, support, and security. Their services are so amazing that Automatic, the company that supports WordPress, decided to invest money in WPEngine. To conclude, WPEngine is the best solution when it comes to reliable managed WordPress hosting. Their flexible plan options also offer something for every budget. WPEngine is a one-stop solution for all WordPress hosting needs.
WPEngine is the best platform to host your WordPress blog. However, with all the updates coming up every now and then, it is necessary to know how to install these updates without affecting your website. You need to first know that in order to add WordPress installs to your account, you need a professional plan or higher. In addition, you will not be able to delete the primary install of WordPress that was created when you first set up your account with WPEngine. You can only add and delete installs within the portal.
How To Add An Install
You need to follow the below steps to add a new WordPress install. Please note that you need to be logged in as an Owner to be able to add an install.
- Login to the User portal
- Click on ‘installs’ in the top navigation bar
- Click on ‘add installs’ in the left navigation bar that will be visible under your current installs
- In the next prompt box, you need to type the installation name
- Click on the button that says ‘save install’
- You will shortly receive an email notifying you of the creation of your install
How To Delete An Install
Please note that you need to be logged in as an Owner to be able to delete an install. Follow the following steps.
- Login to the user portal
- In the top right of the first box that appears, click ‘delete install’
- Another dialogue box will appear confirming if you wish to delete
How To Add Domain
You can also add domains in the user portal under the section ‘domains’. This will ensure that your WordPress installation is linked to your domain name. This is how you do it.
- Login to the User portal as an owner
- Click on ‘installs’
- Under installs you wish to modify, click on ‘domains’
- This ‘domains’ section allows you to link your domain to the WordPress installation
- Enter the domain name you wish to add
- Then click ‘add domain’
- Link the domain to your WordPress installation
Please note: Do not delete your domain name from the ‘domains’ section. This will cause your website to break, as the server will not be able to access the site URL. If you do not want your website to be accessible by your domain, you need to delete the domain name and simply add it as a redirect to your domain name.
Please note that if you want your installs to be WordPress multisite enabled, you need to check the box that says ‘enable multisite’ while creating an install. Millions of users are taking control of their own website with WPEngine. There is nothing easier out there and you do not need any technical knowledge to keep your website running smoothly as well. What makes WordPress better than the rest is they negate the cost factor by offering various offers and deals all the time.